Friday, March 6, 2009

Final focus; further research needed

As discussed in my Blog Analysis Essay, the trajectory of my blog will begin to move towards the observation of the economic crisis on a local level. Recently I have chosen to focus more upon the impact of our economy on internationally based businesses as I find this section of my topic to be more rich and diverse in information while encompassing more areas of the topic. As I move forward however, I believe that my research needs to focus much more locally. Research taken from internet and through national newspapers offers only a broad public insight to this crisis. There are no personal stories to be told. I believe that there are many opportunities to follow this topic straight down to a local Maine business or perhaps even family. This would allow my topic to work from an international scale and follow and linear projection downwards. The decision to follow this path was developed while writing my Blog Essay however the catalyst for the thought came from my mother who reviewed my blog.
There are many opinions circulating throughout our country and indeed our world that relate to the state and direction of the world economies. Many of them contradict each other and all of them are derived from a unique set of individual viewpoints. I can think of no better way to end my research and incorporate an observation into my project other than to observe how our global economy is impacting local Maine residents. By beginning research now encompassing the local economic strain I will soon be able to organize an interview or observational experience. This experience will allow me to thoroughly incorporate all of my research into how it all has affected one single person or business. I will be able to listen to and interpret their thoughts on the politics involved with this economic crisis. I will have the opportunity to observe how international business such as bank closing and foreclosures may or may not have impacted their successes.
The research needed to achieve a standard necessary for complete comprehension of this topic is extensive. I will need not only to familiarize myself with the state of the local economy but furthermore select one example out of many to exemplify our current economic state. I will begin this process searching through local media publications such as newspapers that will often write about small personal stories. Perhaps I will find a family whose home has been foreclosed on due to a bad mortgage or possibly I will be able to locate the owner of a business who has had to close their doors or lay off employees due to a lack of business. Any and every story I locate offers an opportunity to learn about local impact. I believe I will be able to find a personal story that will incorporate all of my research, which stretches to every corner of the globe, into one single unified experience. This story will offer insight into every aspect of the economy. This story will finish my project. This story will give me the personal aspect needed to adequately teach a group about the all-encompassing impact of an international economic crisis.

No comments: